Math Centers

Math Centers
Monkey Counts

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to School

Today is our first day back to school since Christmas. We had a snow day on Tuesday. Icy roads canceled school. All my 22 kiddos were glad to be back. We started our Penguin unit. Our class read aloud today was If you could go to the Antarctica. I have also started a chapter book in the afternoon with my students. We began Mr. Popper's Penguins. The children enjoyed Chapter 1. We made connections to our class book about the Antarctica with Mr. Popper. We also made a chart listing r-controlled words from the book. My favorite today was making a father and baby penguin to go along with the poem, My Father's Feet. We used the penguin project and poem from First Grade Blue Skies TpT store. I will post a picture of our projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment