Math Centers

Math Centers
Monkey Counts

Friday, August 2, 2013

Kindergarten Counting Jar

My District uses Math Investigations as our math curriculum. As part of our Math Workshop, students choose the Counting Jar. Students are to make matching sets of objects that are in the jar and record their findings on paper. Math Investigations does not specify a journal, so I made these journals for my students that are aligned with Common Core. Students need to be able to show numbers in a variety of ways and combinations. The journals have sheets for 1-10 and 11-20 depending on the amount of objects in the jar.
The Kindergarten Counting Jar Journal is in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you earn royalties of 70%. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com/blog/

    If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete